FIND TOP BABY ESSENTIALS
Having a baby is a big step that's as exciting as it is daunting. When your home is filled with great baby essentials from Pottery Barn Kids, you can put your worries aside and know that you're as prepared as possible for the arrival of your newborn. Browse the baby shop now to find the right furniture and accessories to outfit your nursery, plus other key items for day-to-day baby care. Browse the baby shop at Pottery Barn Kids for nursery furniture, toys and other baby essentials to prepare for your new baby. With these great furnishings, tools and accessories in your home, you'll always be ready for bathtime, bedtime, mealtimes, play time, outings and anything else life may throw at you.
KIDS ROOMS FOR EVERY PERSONALITY
As your child's personality flourishes, it's natural to feel inspired. Start decorating your kids rooms to reflect who they are and who they're becoming. Give them something to be thrilled about when you select new furniture, like beds, dressers and more, and bring them in the final choices for colors, textures or fun decor. Create a magnificent bunkbed and study suite or simply change out the rugs and hang a few pendant lights to give your kids rooms the design boost you crave.Adding A Personal TouchUpdate their room with personalized items that help each kids room feel unique. Monogram blankets or pillowcases, etch photo frames, banks or snow globes or choose from rocker toys with their names hand-painted.
KIDS FURNITURE ESSENTIALS
A child's bedroom is their own special spot in the home. It is a room not only for sleeping but for playing, learning, growing and dreaming. Kids furniture essentials from Pottery Barn Kids are sized and styled to fit children in all stages of development.
Nursery FurnitureA well-designed nursery will help you to navigate life with a newborn. Start by choosing a great crib and a changing table with plenty of storage space. If you have the space, a nursery glider chair is also incredibly helpful to have for late night feedings and for rocking your newborn to sleep.Toddler FurnitureToddler beds are the next step once your child grows out of their standard crib. Many Pottery Barn Kids cribs can be converted into a bed using a toddler bed conversion kit. At this stage, you may also choose to add extra kids furniture to their bedroom, like their own special chair personalized with their name or initials.
Kids Bedroom FurnitureIn what seems like no time at all, your child will be ready for their first "grown-up" bed. Choose from standard beds, storage beds or upholstered beds in a variety of colors. Bunk beds or loft beds are also a great choice for siblings sharing a room. Pair your kids bed with a matching dresser and nightstand then personalize the space with fun decor items and wall art.
Kids Playroom FurnitureHaving a designated spot to play is important for a child's development. If you don't have a separate playroom, this can be a spot within the child's bedroom, in the living room or wherever you can find the space. Playroom furniture is incredibly fun and diverse.
Kids Desks and Study FurnitureOnce your child has started school, they'll also need a dedicated spot with a desk for working on school projects. Be sure to choose a kids desk with plenty of storage space for papers and school supplies. You can also keep a bookshelf nearby to store extra materials. Choose from basic upholstered desk chairs or ones in fun colors and prints to add whimsy to their study space.
Pottery Barn Kids has all the kids furniture essentials you'll need to outfit your child's bedroom, playroom and study space. With kids bedroom furniture for newborns, toddlers and older children available, you can always be ready with new stylish items as soon as your child's needs change.
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR KIDS BEDDING
Upgrade or refresh your children's rooms with new kids bedding. From sheets to quilts and comforters to bed skirts, there are plenty of beautiful linens to shop for when it's time to give your kids beds a makeover. Enjoy the cheer of colors inspired by fruit or candy. Fluff up an extra set of pillows for reading before lights out. Add patterns and motifs that make everyone smile and keep them warm and cozy at night. With kids bedding from Pottery Barn Kids, bedtime is about to be transformed into fun time.
KIDS' RUGS FOR PLAYROOMS AND BEDROOMS
Turn your little ones' favorite spaces into comfortable, relaxing havens with kids' area rugs from Pottery Barn Kids. Choose rugs tough enough to stand up to everyday life - and that are durable, easy to clean and packed with plush comfort for little feet, hands and knees.
Solid-Colored Rugs for KidsSimple, soft and easy to coordinate with existing decor, solid-colored kids' rugs are the perfect choice in nurseries, children's bedrooms and playrooms. Because you can simply select the right shade - choosing between bright and vivid colors, charming pastels and all the shades between - these are the easiest rugs to add to any child's space. Pick a large, rectangular rug to cover hardwoods and create a play space, or choose a round, oval or half-moon rug to cover a very specific area. You can even choose faux fur rugs shaped just like authentic ones to create visual appeal and provide a soft, safe place for your little ones to lounge or play.
Patterned Kids' Area RugsAdd a splash of style to your children's spaces with patterned area rugs. Explore bright stars, swirling lines and perfectly symmetrical designs, or pick animal prints, rainbows and unicorns, or other whimsically fun designs. Patterned rugs for kids come in a wide range of shapes and sizes, which means you can find the perfect floor covering for your little ones' spaces, whether you're outfitting a nursery, a bedroom or a playroom.
Playroom Rugs and MatsPlayroom rugs and mats can include printed roads, parks and other scenery so your kids can use their own imaginations to create hours of fun. Choose from charming patterns and a variety of kid-friendly designs to create the ultimate play space for your kids. Opt for large rectangular rugs in your child's favorite colors to protect the area beneath kid-sized desks or other furniture, small circular rugs to place beneath kids' loungers or faux fur animal-shaped rugs that your little ones will love.
High-Performance Kids' RugsRugged and durable, high-performance kids' rugs are ideal for active play spaces. These rugs can stand up to heavy foot traffic, and they're easy to clean and maintain - making them the perfect choice for playrooms and older kids' bedrooms.
Made to Order Kids' Area RugsCustom kids' rugs are durably hand tufted and dyed for lasting color. Most feature plush, soft and springy yarns that are great for little feet. Available in a wide range of sizes, these custom rugs are a wonderful addition to any space.
Finding the perfect rug for your kids' rooms, playroom or other spaces is easy at Pottery Barn Kids. You'll find an exceptional selection of kids' rugs made from the finest materials that your children will love.
KIDS BATHROOM IDEAS
Designing a bathroom specifically for your child is different than perfecting a master bathroom space for yourself. While you might want tranquility and relaxation, most kids are going to prefer a fun motif and a vibrant color scheme. Use these five bathroom ideas from Pottery Barn Kids to create the perfect place for your kids to bathe, brush their teeth and get ready for their day.
1. Under the SeaThere's lots of water in the bathroom, so it's no surprise that an under the sea theme is a very popular choice when decorating a space just for kids. The fact is that most kids love this theme and there's a huge number of options available for decorating a bathroom. If you're starting from scratch, opt for rich, water-like blues for paint. This will help set the tone and make any bathroom special. From there, printed rugs and shower curtains with sea creatures or water accents are easy to find and a whole lot of fun. Accessories like themed soap and toothbrush holders also provide a playful look to your space. Don't forget to add lots of floating sea creatures and rubber ducks for bath time!
2. Safari SurpriseTooth-brushing time may not be quite as exciting as going on an African safari, but if you're decorating a bathroom for your child, who says you can't do both? To start, pick colors like rich taupe, tan and sand for paint if a fresh coat is needed. Decorative accents like shower curtains that feature tigers, leopards and even elephants can add style and color. Animal print bath rugs and towels are also a ton of fun and fit right into your safari theme. Vibrant yellow and orange tones for items like soap holders can brighten up your child's bathroom if you feel it's a touch too dark.
3. Birds and ButterfliesMany kids have a fascination with birds and butterflies, making them an ideal focal point for a fun bathroom. If you're starting from scratch, this is one bathroom style that can greatly benefit from patterned wallpaper that features these flying creatures. Another option would be to stencil birds and butterflies in bright colors onto a plain white or colored wall. Printed towels with butterfly and bird designs are easy to come by in many different colors, as are shower curtains and rugs. Decorative decals can also be used in the bathtub, shower and on mirrors to create colorful accents that can be removed as your child gets older and their style changes.
4. Into the WoodsBold prints can make a bathroom a place where kids can let their imagination go wild. For kids that love nature and animals, there's nothing better than a unique forest theme. You can pick a ton of colors and incorporate stylish prints that they'll enjoy even as they get older. For a forest themed bathroom, mix-and-match colors like forest green, brown and sky blue. Bright accents like oranges and yellows are also welcome. Choose stylish items like shower curtains with a bird of paradise or forest animal design that your child loves. You can also add fake flowers, trees and plants to play up the style of the room if you've got the space.
5. Shared BathroomsSometimes a bathroom needs to be shared between two kids and they might not have the same sense of style. While one child might love the safari theme, another may prefer the birds and butterflies motif. There is a compromise to be found! When decorating a gender-neutral bathroom that will be shared between kids, opt for colors that aren't typically seen as masculine or feminine such as high blue, white, orange and yellow. Mixing and matching a lot of colorful elements can make the space fun and kid-friendly without making it feel like a traditional boy or girl's bathroom.
ELEVATE YOUR NURSERY DECOR
Plan to enhance your nursery decor with just a few refined touches. This is an upgrade that can happen in an afternoon or over a weekend. By selecting floor lamps, mirrors or cute storage, you can transform the look and feel of the nursery or simply refresh a corner or two. New decorating touches are a fun way to celebrate a growing baby and begin to transition into playroom furnishings and, later, a toddler and kids bedroom aesthetic. Choose pieces that bring a soft sense of whimsy to your kids room decor.
Kids Room DecorIf you have more than one child, upgrade your kids' bedrooms while making changes in the nursery. This helps all your kids feel like decorating is a fun family activity. Add shelves, rugs, wall art and more to their space to make your home look rejuvenated and lively.